Subject: [Leica] Re: Focomat/Valoy carrier
From: Bill Lawlor <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 15:14:10 -0800

>  > From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
>  >
>  > I just picked up a Leitz Valoy II dirt cheap, but it doesn't have a
negative
>  > carrier.  Hence the price.  So, does anyone have or know where I can get
>  > negative carrier for the Valoy II?  (BTW -- it's the same one as for the
>  > Leitz Focomat Ia-Ic).
>  >

Martin, before I was able to find carriers at camera shows I used
home made carriers with excellent results. 4 ply matt board cut out
with a razor blade or matt cutter and hinged at back with tape makes
a good carrier. I put some rails of tape on the inside lower half to
help align the film strip. The condenser just descends on to the
upper half and holds everything in place. I used this on Focomat 1
and Valoy enlargers without any problems. Try it while you are
waiting for a miracle. Don't let those great enlargers sit idle.

Bill Lawlor