Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica and Hermes
From: "Brian McCarthy" <brian@straightline.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 09:38:25 -0000

> Dans un courrier daté du 06/12/00 00:42:07 Paris, Madrid,
> tt@tristan.net a
> écrit :
>
> << Sorry I'm chiming in a little late here. I just wanted to say that I
>  use my Leica M6 TTL not for taking pictures, but more as a fashion
>  accessory so the Hermes deal makes much sense to me.
>
>  I carry my Leica around to and from work and never really use it for
>  taking pictures. When I get to work, I place the camera on my desk
>  where I can see it looking at me all day.
>
>  On weekends, I often carry the camera around with me, but I never
>  take any pictures with it. I worry about bumping the camera too hard
>  and I make sure that there are no fingerprints on the camera. I
>  always make sure that the lens cap is on and that the shutter dial is
>  in the off position.
>

>  Tristan Tom
>  NO ARCHIVE
>  http://www.tristan.net/ >>

I'm not the only one then! The problem with beautiful jewellery like the
Leica M is the initial cost - but I've found that by not putting any film in
it (and why spend money on batteries? - I use the compartment to store a
small supply of fine snuff), that I've nearly recouped the cost in just over
a year! I'm thinking of purchasing a second camera and mounting them on the
epaulettes of my favourite dinner jacket.

Brian McCarthy
straightline design   brian@straightline.co.uk
www.straightline.co.uk