Subject: [Leica] Pre
From: khmiska <khmiska@umich.edu>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 07:51:30 -0500

Pre-visualization is the same idiotic use of the English language as
that favorite word of the airlines who pre-board their passengers. I
suppose having a drink before dinner would be pre-drinking. Writing a
rough draft of an article would be pre-writing. As a translator, I guess
if I read an article in German that I have been asked to translate, I am
mentally pre-translating it. Using clip leads to make some temporary
electrical connections to a test circuit is pre-wiring. I am certain
that LUGers could carry this “pre” nonsense to some wonderful extremes.
Merry pre-Christmas
Kurt

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Pre)