Subject: [Leica] Are they worth it ?
From: eric.calderwood@bt.com
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 15:39:03 -0000

Hello everyone ,

I have just bought a 50mm f2.8 Elmar Sn 1698*** for the princely sum of
£15
complete with an IROOA lens hood and lens cap. Also thrown in was a 135mm
screw
to bayonet adaptor.

Anyway the lens is externally * as new * , however ....... the glass is
either scratched , etched ,
fogged or fungussed !!!

My question is ( finally ) , is it worth getting this lens looked at ?

and

I have been offered a 9cm f4 ( screw mount ) in similar condition for £20 ,
is this
worth buying ?

Regards
Eric