Subject: Re: [Leica] Test Certificate
From: Nathan Wajsman <belgiangator@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 05:27:10 -0800 (PST)

You don't seem to know much about human nature. Leica
cameras are built by people. Most of the problems we
have been discussing during the 2 1/2 years I have
been on the LUG can be attributed to human error. Now,
most of us have a much higher dedication to the
"brand" that is our own name than to the corporate
brand we work for. If you have to put your name on a
piece of work, you are more likely to want to ensure
that this piece of work is really top class.

Obviously, nobody is suggesting that a certificate in
itself guarantees quality. But it is surely a
beneficial step and a valid part of an overall quality
improvement programme.

Nathan