Subject: Re: [Leica] Los Angeles B&W printers?
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 10:26:56 -0500

Robert-
I saw that you mentioned working in Studio City! I am curious- I always read
the credits when I see a movie, and much to the chagrin of my wife who wants
to leave...RIGHT NOW! :o)
I always look for the name of the still photographer- since an acqauintance
had done such work here in NC on a movie. How come I never see the same name
twice, it seems? Do they burn out? are they considered consumables? There
most be a lot of them, but I never see the same name again, and wondered....
It does sound like it would be a fascinating job, though! I see the old
stills from productions in the documentaries about movies on the AMC and TCM
channels, and marvel at what seems to be the high quality work that came
from using what a lot of folks would consider 'stone-age' equipment!
Good Luck on your move- Watch out for the dreaded subduction
effects!!~~~~~~~~!
Dan (Considering a black paint stealth Minolta 16 for street photos!) Post