Subject: Re: [Leica] Homicide and photography
From: MEBerube <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 16:20:47 -0500

At 12:34 PM 12/7/00 -0800, mark rabiner wrote:

>I'm a Jewish Catholic Welsh Russian and i found it to be right on the money!
>
>mark rabiner
>:)
>
>Maciver2@aol.com asked:
>Would you think, as I do, that there is no section of humanity incapable
>of oppression, which, I believe, is the point that Stanislaw was making.

As a Pagan of Franco-Scottish descent and didn't find Stanislaw to be
making any defense of Hitler or the NAZIs at all. As a goi who was born
well after WWII, I am perhaps more objective to the atrocities there? To me
Stanislaw seemed to be warning that those who ignore the past are doomed to
repeat it. That it CAN happen anywhere. Mass genocide has happened all too
often in history in more places than just Germany in the mid 20th C. to say
that it was a unique aberration of human nature. Yes the NAZIs were
unusually creative in their horrors, but much of that is due to the
'advancement' of technology of the time.

Individuals are generally intelligent and wish for the most happiness.
PEOPLE (en mass) -especially those who see themselves as being oppressed-
are ignorant and feed on base fear and are downright dangerous to anyone
who is not homogenous to them.

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Berube
http://GoodPhotos.com