Subject: Re: [Leica] In defense of Tchaikovsky (was: Highquality porn)
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 17:25:06 -0500

on 7/12/00 4:06 pm, Martin Howard at howard.390@osu.edu wrote:

> Mozart, I find, is remarkable.  A great deal of his music is just absolutely
> perfect.  Every note, every beat, every nuance is as it only could be.
> Within a single piece he constructs a framework and then plays within that
> framework to perfection.

Yeah, but who cares? Bach turns my head upside down in such a great way. I
really can't stand mozart. Trills and toots and tunes, bah, humbug. Totally
with you in Britten. Top man, as are many of the vastly underrated Brit 20th
C composers. Also Copland, Stravinsky, Gershwin and Purcell. For the
ultimate in pin-yer-ears-back-thrills, though, put on the Montiverdi
vespers, turn up loud and hang on to your seat.

Schubert & Beethoven's quartets!

But let's not forget Dinosaur Jr, Big Black and the Go-Betweens.

- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com