Subject: Re: [Leica] Homicide and photography
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 21:42:52 -0500

At 05:44 PM 12/7/2000 -0800, Stanislaw Stawowy wrote:
>Marc. I would like, I beg for even a slightest reason
>to believe that something like examples given by me
>and thousands of others are impossible now.

I have no idea what this is reputed to mean.  What is known know is that
the Allies had a sound military reason for bombing Dresden, in that this
was the last major rail junction in the Reich and in that the Germans were
moving troops from one front to the other along its lines.

This is not a subject for discussion, really.  If you want to discuss it,
then I suggest you subscribe to either or both of the WWII Lists, and
learn.  There are experts there who can parse this one into little bitty
pieces for you.

I am quite active in Zeiss Ikon research and have <cough!  ah-HEM!> written
a bit on the subject.  The ICA works were destroyed in the three Dresden
bombings.  I would love to find a means to feel affronted by this -- but I
cannot.  The Germans were then under a regime which was one of the four or
five most evil regimes in the history of mankind.  Crushing this horror was
good, even if camera companies were flattened as a result.

Again, subscribe to the WWII Lists and learn.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!