Subject: Re: [Leica] Experience with the Minolta Dimage Scan Dual II?
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 20:26:40 -0700

No complaints yet, just smiles. I have had it about three weeks but am in
the middle of organising a renovation of our new house. I have only run
about eight rolls though it so far. I am on a steep learning curve getting
things like manual exposure to work the way I want it to. It is small, works
right out of the box and with great support from Minolta Canada (had to
reinitialise it once). The scanner has this endearing habit of losing its
place occasionally; you can almost hear the machine say, "Oh S**t", while it
backs up to its reference point. So far I am only scanning Tri-X so there
are no great demands on its performance but I will run a couple of slides
through soon and let you know. I find the digital scanning to be much easier
than the darkroom and my little tyke can wander in and out as he pleases. My
only disappointment is that VueScan will not be updated to work with USB
devices on the Mac. Darn, VueScan would have allowed multiple scans to
increase the D-max. Having said that, the Photoshop plug-in software works
well and I have never had to bang my, or its, head against the wall.

Cheers,

John Collier

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Experience with the Minolta Dimage Scan Dual II?)