Subject: Re: Marmite (was RE: [Leica] Pre)
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 09:50:32 -0500

Adrian wrote:
 > I would like to see the successful implementation of a genuine Chinese
fast
> food chain in China and beyond: they have the food but not yet the ability
> to deliver it as efficiently, consistently and presentably as McDonalds as
> number of failed attempts have shown.

I think the genius of that enterprise immigtrated to Greensboro, and is
running the "Chinese Kitchen" take-away here! At least their food is great,
and fast! Best 'postickers' in town, and even though if you eat in- you have
to get your order through to a couple of Bosnian waiter (How's that for an
international melting pot!- The Chinese guy hires Mexican kitchen help, and
Bosnian waiters!?) but the food is wonderful!
They even have the steamed buns that have started to appear since the
Oriental community has started to grow here!

I hope I get a chance to travel more in my later years, and see the real
China- I have several Chines friends- some from the North and some from the
South, and apparently, they didn't get around    their own country much when
there! I can say I want to see something like the Three Gorges River Basin,
and one will say- "wha'?" Tuens out they never heard of it! It is such a
vast and varied country that I guess you could spend years there as an "Old
China Hand" as they used to call them, and not see all there is to see- and
photograph!

Dan ( Who thinks of 'Moo-Shu-Ru as sort of a Chinese burrito....) Post