Subject: Re: [Leica] R equipment and its future
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 11:59:48 EST

In a message dated 09-12-00 12:10:26 GMT Standard Time,
cyberdog@attglobal.net writes:

<< Either you opt for a manual SLR system with a "potential" (if yet unknown
and uncommitted) digital future, like the Leica R8 system, >>

I have a feeling that Leica are just biding their time on the digital thing.
I am told that there are contacts on the ROM lenses which do nothing "at the
moment" but I feel sure they are there for a purpose and this may well be to
link into some kind of focus system that moves the film plane rather than the
lens elements.

Leica have not been around this long without being canny, but they do keep
their cards remarkably close to their chest.

Gerry

Gerry Walden (UK)
Tel: (0)23 8046 3076
Fax: (0)23 8034 8542