Subject: Re: [Leica] Split-offs
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 01:18:41 -0800 (PST)

Jay wrote:
(snip) The pro's that I know who have M cameras have nothing against
the R system. They just don't consider as a serious alternative to
N***n or C****n..
I agree, I think: as far as I know, most pros would not invest in an
SLR system as expensive as Leica R. A pro would probably consider the R
bodies to be too far from state-of-the-art and would not feel the need
for the perceived edge of Leitz optics. I've also heard that pros
appreciate the equipment back-up available with Canon/Nikon, including
the possibility of borrowing a lens, say, from another pro when needed
- - there's lots of Canons and Nikons about.

Regards,

=====
Ray