Subject: [Leica] Cindy Sherman bashing again, poor kid.
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 07:36:19 -0700

I seem to be alone on this list as I find Cindy Sherman's work engaging. I
have not yet purchased any of her work but I hope to some day. The bulk of
her work is actually less expensive than HCB's; which is considered
inexpensive as he always thought of himself as a photojournalist and did not
release limited editions. I believe any HCB print you want can be purchased
in the $3000US to $5000US range. In contrast, many of Sherman's prints can
be purchased for $500US. Her top dollar items, that one hears so much about,
are complete limited edition portfolios. What the heck, turn the art world
on its head and BUY some photography. Vote with YOUR pocketbook.

John Collier