Subject: [Leica] very very very sharp lens
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 14:16:18 -0500

I know this will interest at least one person on this list.

A whiles ago I bought a really beat up Rolleiflex T2 for somewhat less than
a new M baseplate. The lens had a fair few cleaning marks and it had been
around the world so I wasn't even sure the ground glass was still in
alignment. Anyhow, I shot a few rolls with it but really forgot about it for
the longest while. Anyhow, having bought an Epson 1640 flatbed which is
actually half-decent at scanning MF, and having also bought a super-sharp
Rodenstock 4x loupe (lovely thing!), I dug them out.

Yoinks!

Now I see what Mark Rabiner is going on about when he (heretically and half
jokingly) claims his Rolleiflex is sharper than his Hassie.

And I had called this camera a dog! It's now looking like an extraordinary
bargain.

Still a problem with some internal reflections which I think needs tackling
with matte paint, but still.

- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com