Subject: Re: [Leica] Film for school play
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 11:50:19 -0800

Bill Franson wrote:

> I personally would go ahead with a fast daylight neg film. I have shot
> Portra 400NC under theatrical light and under museum lighting conditions
> and got great results. Just tell your lab what conditions you shot under.
> They can color correct. I have only used Portra 800 once under existing
> light conditions and the negs looked good, though more contrasty and
> grainier than the 400 Portra.
>
> Bill Franson
Seems like when they are adding that forth layer to some of these new films they
deal with color casts from non daylight light sources better than the films
optimized for them.
But they've just put some work into the tungsten films too. A new one out from
Kodak. Probably too slow though.
If it was me I'd test the new Kodak tungsten color neg film against the new Fuji
high end pro 800.
The Fuji will probably win.

mark rabiner
:)