Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V18 #250
From: "asparaco" <asparaco@metafour.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 18:12:56 -0600

:

> Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 14:20:57 -0500
> From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V18 #248
> on 11/12/00 12:57 pm, Krechtz@aol.com at Krechtz@aol.com wrote:
>
> > << I have to confess all of my cameras are covered with black "gaffers"
tape.
> > am in the motinpitcherbiness so it is a common item. If you get a top
brand
> > like Permcel or the like you will find it is a very durable cloth tape
which
> > does  not leave a residue.  >>
> > <<SNIP>>
> > Call me stupid, but this makes sense, particularly after Vulcanite has
begun
> > its departure.  Such tape could also be used to protect against strap
> > abrasion and similar ills, such as the "death by a thousand cuts
(scratches)"
> > of eyeglasses.  Whos sells it?
>
> Really GOOD gaffer's tape is astoundingly expensive. But probably not as
> expensive as Vulcanite...
> - --
> Johnny Deadman
>
> http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

You can buy "O-fish-al" gaffers tape in white, grey and black from Birns &
Sawyer in Hollywood or any good professional supply house like Calumet or
Helix in Chicago. It comes in various widths 2"X 60yards is common. It is
available in other colors by special order. Cost $15 to $20 per roll  retail
and $50 to $70 per  per roll when included as a line item in a motinpitcher
budget. Beware-once you start you will never be without it again.  This tape
does in deed to protect against strap abrasion and similar ills, such as the
"death by a thousand cuts (scratches) beer spills, over enrhusiatic craft
service people,  clumsy clients and general bad tape karma.

regards
asparaco/chicago