Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom question
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 07:07:26 -0500

My only problems with either of these books, but especially the film
development book, is that they are full of unsubstantiated opinions about
which film is better than that, etc.  The sort of stuff you hear from
photography students that have no foundation in actual facts.

Dan C.

At 01:48 AM 12-12-00 -0800, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>>
>> Jack,
>>
>> The bible of B&W darkroom work is:
>>
>> The Film Developing Cookbook by Anchell & Troop, Focal Press 1998.
>>
>> It only covers film development, no printing.
>>
>> Nathan
>>
>And
>The Darkroom Cookbook, second edition by Stephen G. Anchell 2000
>this second edition is a MAJOR UPDATE from the first edition which came
out in 1994.
>(your next version of your darkroom operating system WILL NOT OPERATE WITH
THE
>PREVIOUS BOOK!:)
>
>Stephen G. Anchell apologizes for the fact he flunked chemistry. (no bull)
>Troop really helped  him out in that last book.
>
>The first Darkroom Cookbook was good in '94 but The Film Developing
Cookbook in

Message from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Darkroom question)