Subject: Re: [Leica] What is fine art photography?
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:41:57 -0600

howard.390@osu.edu (Martin Howard)12/11/005:00 PM

> But I find Sherman's pictures of herself as a
> commentary on media, reality, socially constructed ideals of
beauty and
> value to be valuable contributions to the critique of the age
we live in.

Thank you for your thoughtful criticism. It seems that many of
the comments regarding individual photographers/artists, showing
up on this list, get put forth without much substance. I
appreciate hearing the whys and wherefores, "I don't like his/her
work becauseŠ".

George

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net> (RE: [Leica] What is fine art photography?)