Subject: Re: [Leica] Survey results: R8 Reliability.
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 17:21:31 EST

In a message dated 12-12-00 19:41:43 GMT Standard Time, howard.390@osu.edu
writes:

<< Joseph Yao (yaojkfdr@netvigator.com) is a distributor for Leica cameras and
 reported some time back on the LUG that he was getting new cameras with
 lower serial numbers. >>

I can confirm the more recent purchase of lower numbered R8's. Mine is
2434xxx and was first registered according to its passport on 24 July 1999,
but its serial number would tend to suggest it is much older. It has, to the
best of my knowledge, worked flawlessly the whole of its life. I am the
second owner and know its previous history.

Gerry

Gerry Walden (UK)
Tel: (0)23 8046 3076
Fax: (0)23 8034 8542