Subject: Re: [Leica] Test report: Stand development in Rodinal
From: John Hicks <jbh@magicnet.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 01:16:45 -0500

At 04:08 PM 12/12/00 -0500, you wrote:

>Why not?

  Great answer! <g>
  That's my way of doing things a lot of the time.

 >I never thought of using it at higher dilutions but maybe that'd be a good
>thing to try.  What effects should I expect?  Less dense negs?  Less
>contrast?

  I'd expect lower contrast and more dramatic edge/adjacency effects.

>Why do you say this?  Seriously, I'm no development expert, so I'm hoping I
>can learn something here.

  You mentioned that so many normal-EI negs were excessively contrasty and
the ones that printed the best were those exposed at a higher EI. If I
understand it correctly, stand development should _limit_ contrast; it
should probably be lower than normally-developed negs exposed to the same
scene (or SBR).

  I've had the urge to experiment with stand development but haven't gotten
around to it.

John Hicks

jbh@magicnet.net