Subject: [Leica] RE: New M2 Owner Questions
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 16:03:10 -0500

Jason,

I second the positive opinion about early 35 summicrons.  I have the
8-element one, which is presumably the version that was selling at the same
time as your M2. While not as sharp wide open as current Leica 35s, it
certainly is plenty sharp at 5.6 and below.  The bokeh on this lens is
beautiful (if you believe in such hokey things)! The lens is wonderfully
light and compact so if you travel with only one lens, something that I do a
lot, early Summicrons are nice.  One possible downside to an early Summicon
over the alternatives is that the focus locks at infinity, requiring a push
on the focus lever to release.  This could potentially drive you bananas
until you use it for a while and adjust.

Jonathan Lee

Replies: Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] RE: New M2 Owner Questions)