Subject: Re: [Leica] Rapid Load Kit
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 10:57:50 +1100

Stephen Holloway wrote:

> >From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au>
> >
> >I fully agree with Mark here. Years ago I bought 3 of the damn things.
> >After
> >loosing 2 lots of   important photo sessions, because the leader slipped
> >out, I
> >took a sledge hammer and smashed the crap out of them. With the old loading
> >system it is just about impossible to have this happen.
> >

> I find this hard to believe. Don't you:
>
> 1) Get to know your equipment before using it for 'important' sessions?
>
> 2) Check that the rewind knob is spinning when you load a film?

Stephen,  Of course I know my equipment. I bought my first 3C when I was 21.
and my first M3 about 10 years later. I also normally check the spinning of the rewind
knob after loading and rotate it to take up film slack. When the problem happened I was
in a hurry, and also somewhat nervous. I just did not check everything.

However, it never happened to me with the original spools, no matter how much in a harry
or nervous I was. This proofs of course : if something can go wrong, it will.
It also proofs, to me at least, that the original spools are saver to use.

Regards, Horst Schmidt