Subject: [Leica] Rapid load kit & Nikkormats
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 19:34:00 -0500

Luggers & Lugger Nuts,
    The "trick" to the proper use (e.i. the film going through the camera)
of the Rapid loading kit is to read the instructions. Or, in the case of the
rapid load kit follow the little drawing.
    The spool needs to be positioned properly and the film inserted into it,
at least as far as the drawing.
I have used them in my M2s since they were introduced and have not had a
failure.
    A follow up question, if you please... How come no one has mentioned,
when you miss load a Leica M camera, the film advance tension is looser, and
immediately noticeable?
    As to Nikkormats,  I think the late Larry Burrows, a LIFE photographer
killed in Laos in 1971 summed they up perfectly, "They are wonderful
disposable cameras. Good light meters, and when they get the jungle rot, you
just toss them into the rubbish bin."
    FYI- During the Vietnam War you could buy Nikkormats at the military PXs
for under $100.00 and I believe less in Hong Kong.
Happy Snaps, & Happy Holidays
Sal

PS- Am I dreaming or do we have a President-Elect??