Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Lens Cleaning
From: "Stephen Holloway" <hollowst@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 18:00:44 +0100

>From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
>
>I have found the coating on modern Leicas lenes to be remarkably difficult
>to scratch. The micro fiber is fine as is chamios leather or Ted's old
>underware.

I use Ted's underware method (his idea that is, I use my own underwear!).
Well washed pure cotten is pretty lint-free. Just breathing on the lens and
wiping it clean seems to work well. The modern lens coatings are very tough.

You need to be more careful with older lenses. My 1954 Summarit has a very
soft coating which I clean with great care and a light touch.

- --
Stephen Holloway
http://www.deepturtle.com/steve/photos

Replies: Reply from "Terry Sham" <tsham@netvigator.com> ([Leica] Re: Lens Cleaning)