Subject: Re: [Leica] Cambridge Camera Rip-Off - Support Your Local Leica Dealer!
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 20:08:46 +0100

Sure, I am all for supporting local merchants too, but for many of us the price
difference is a lot bigger than 5%. I buy by mail order in Germany and have
saved as much as 25-30% compared to local prices (in Belgium and now
Switzerland). And 25% of the price of an R8 pays for a lot of film.

Nathan

Buzz Hausner wrote:

> Let me take this opportunity to reiterate my oft stated advice.  If you are
> fortunate enough to live near a Leica dealer, there is no substitute for
> buying from the real person across the counter from you.  I gladly pay the
> extra 5% sales tax for the right to see and feel equipment...even new
> gear...before I pay for it and to have any questions answered by a
> knowledgeable expert.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland