Subject: Re: [Leica] Busted with my M2
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 22:04:29 -0800

The cost is much worst than just hurt pride and inconvenience. All arrestees
have now an inexpugnable record that can and will be used at the discretion of
any law enforcement agency and/or judicial entity whenever that individual comes
into contact with them. It may even affect the ability to acquire or renew press
credentials. The records may even be passed over to foreign nationals as a
courtesy without breaking any US laws. Real fun stuff here.
The great concern right now is that such para-military police behavior is being
seen as normal or beneficial by Joe and Betty Citizen. My colleagues in the
press corp., the ones that don't have multi-million dollar contracts that is,
have been seriously concerned. Even press entities that have had a seamless, and
by some accusations a collaborative, relationship with law enforcement are
feeling the pressure.
Destruction of evidence and trampling of civil rights is a daily occurrence. In
Los Angeles, everything imaginable as happened down to outright assassinations.
Yet, until there is an outcry from the core of the citizenry, law enforcement
will keep on doing what it feels is right.

Slobodan Dimitrov

Message from Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net> (Re: [Leica] Busted with my M2)