Subject: Re: [Leica] Busted with my M2
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 10:02:35 -0500

Johnny Deadman wrote:

<snip>

> Watch this space, because believe me we are only at the very, very beginning
> of the london/prague/dc/seattle story... and already the people who manned
> the barricades thirty years ago are finding themselves (reluctantly I
> expect) on the other side now, sanctioning the very behavior they deplored
> previously *because they do not have another way to deal with it yet*.
>
> We'll be there with our leicas (OT).

You could not be more right, there is a new breed of activism that is
starting to emerge. Within hours of the Al Gore consession, messages from
two film industry trade list-serves that I belong to, Women in Film & Video
and Web Cinema, started to be posted organizing massive protests at George
Bush's inaugration January 20. Frankly I think this is destructive, but, I
will be there with my Leicas. Just hope I do not get arrested.

Steve
Annapolis