Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica 70-180 f/2.8
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <Joseph@yao.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 23:57:47 +0800

Mehrdad,

I have this lens, but haven't had it for long.  It is heavy, some 1.9kg of
it.  Optically it is probably the best zoom lens there is, and on par with
many Leica prime lenses of relevant focal length.  But for US$3,000, I would
not expect anything less.

It is slightly heavier than I would like, and while the zooming action is
nice and smooth, I find the focusing throw a touch too long.  I must admit I
use the R 80-200/4.0 more often.

Regards,

Joseph
Joseph@yao.com