Subject: Re: [Leica] Special Leica lenses
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 14:49:19 -0800

Dan Honemann wrote:

> > > best in the Leica line I always wonder how it can be any better than my
> > > 28/2.8 M.
> >
> > I'm a big fan of that lens too. Very unsung and a brilliant performer.
>
> Makes me wonder how the new 28/2 asph will compare.  There is one passage in
> Erwin's review (http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/mseries/testm/m2-28.html)
> that gives me pause:
><Snip>
> Since one would (presumably) buy the 35/1.4 or the 28/2 asph to use the
> extra stop, then it's fair to say the out of focus areas will play a role in
> the image.  I begin to wonder with the newer designs if better and better
> resolution, edge sharpness, and macro/micro-contrast come at the price of
> our beloved "bokeh."
>
> Dan

Again we run into the concept of someone who would buy a lens over another one
become if it's wonderfull "bokeh."
... a gestalt psychological phenomenon those who ignore the figure and
concentrate on the ground...
...but in effect what Stanislavsky tells us to do "know your fourth wall" in "An
Actor Prepares".... it's the environment that counts…
But I just try to get the darn thing in focus!

mark rabiner
:)

updated
http://spokenword.to/rabiner/