Subject: Re: [Leica] Off topic posts
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 13:37:11 -0500

Forget email...there's no better way to kill a dinner party or any other
social gathering than to start a discussion on politics or religion!  And
yeah, consider what happenes to that undercarriage when a) all those
canaries decide to take off into the air, and b), when they eventually
land.  ;-)

dan c.

At 09:39 AM 16-12-00 -0800, Brian Reid wrote:
[snip]
>But in the 25 years that I've been
>moderating Internet email communities (yes, I started in 1975), I've
>found that politics, religion, and abortion discussions, during times of
>national angst about those topics, will drive away many of the most
>valuable contributors to such communities.
[snip]