Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica 70-180 f/2.8
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 10:46:04 -0800

I bought the APO 70-180/2.8 because I needed it. It is an awesome lens
producing stellar results. I used it over a period of several years, always
on a tripod, and when the need for it went away, I sold it. If you are
always using a tripod, as I do, this lens will replace a handful of prime
lenses with better photographic characteristics than most prime lenses. So
the carry weight is about the same. Plus you get all of the in between
focal lengths as well.

Jim