Subject: RE: [Leica] Chrome for Chorme film, Black for B+W
From: "Dan Honemann" <danh@selectsa.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 14:24:30 -0500

> Do you keep the Black body for B+W or color?  Sort of matching
> the color of the body to the type of film....."C" for chrome or
> color, "B" for Black and B+W ???

Ha!  Never thought of that.  I will have two bodies soon enough, a black
Hexar RF (on order) and a chrome .72x M6 TTL.  And, come to think of it, the
Hexar will most often have b&w film in it.  But it's not the color so much
as the magnification: I want the lower mag. finder of the Hexar for my 35
(and likely the 28 asph when it comes out), which will be my street-shooting
lens, and I use b&w for that.

I'll likely keep slide film loaded in the M6 to switch between color/b&w
without having to mid-roll rewind as I've been doing with the one body.  But
I'll still run into some conflicts: the 75/1.4 will be my lens for indoor
candids (b&w), but I'll want to have that on the M6 for the higher mag.
finder.  Guess I just have to start saving for a third body--a .85x M. :)

Dan