Subject: RE: [Leica] The M6 and 75 'Lux Repair
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 06:47:27 -0800

I was never happy with the lens' performance on my older .72 body, it was
not sharp... or so it seemed to me....I had bought it used so I was never
sure it was the lens instead of my technique.  With the repair, I am now
pretty sure the lens' focus was set wrong compared to the body itself....I
would say the lens' cam was set wrong.

Now it is possible that the out of calibration VF caused me to focus the
lens wrong, compounded by the F1.4 DOF.  But I never had any objection to
the way my 35 and 50 Summicrons worked, and I should have noticed something.
I am pretty particular about focus errors.  At 10 feet, being out of focus
by 5 feet ( actual focal plane is 15 feet and subject is at 10 feet) is too
much of an error if the body were to blame.  I think I would have noticed.

Off to shoot SOMETHING today at F1.4.............

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net