Subject: Re: [Leica] Ilford XP2S 400 at ISO 800
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 10:44:10 -0800

Andrew Moore wrote:

> I exposed a roll of Ilford XP2 Super 400 at ISO 800 before I realized that
> my lab doesn't push-process C41 film.  Does anyone know from experience
> whether or not the film has enough exposure latitude for me to get away
> with processing it at 400?  (on topic: all shots were made with the M6).
>
> --Andrew
> NO ARCHIVE

I would bring it to a pro lab that will push C41 a stop.
My experience with XP2 is that it is just like color neg film, cause it is.
A full stop underexposure is VERY NOT GOOD.
Were that shots important or critical?
I've give them a "push."
your shadows are still not going to be there.
But the negs at least will not be exceedingly low in contrast.

mark :) rabiner

updated Temp Site:
http://spokenword.to/rabiner/