Subject: Re: [Leica] The M6 and 75 'Lux Repair
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 13:24:17 -0700

The full article is not available on the web and it does not actually
contain any instructions on how to calibrate a lens. There is no "home
tinker" method of lens calibration. You could dedicate a body to the lens
and calibrate the body's rangefinder to the lens (it would a finicky home
adjustment but possible with a ground glass and tons of patience). This
would mean that the body would probably not be useable with any other lens
wide open. Personally I prefer to have all of my lenses to work on all of my
bodies. This is easily achieved by having your rangefinders adjusted ONLY by
repair facilities with the proper jigs PERIOD. If one of your lenses is out,
it can be adjusted on similar factory jigs. If you have your cameras
serviced by people that eyeball the rangefinder adjustment then expect to
have problems with the large aperture lenses and variations from body to
body.

John Collier