Subject: Re: [Leica] Beware laser surgery & Night Vision
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 19:09:30 -0800

Sounds like a good soft focus effect for portraiture.

Tom

> My other avocation is astronomy, and I have read about laser surgery
causing rings around bright objects at night.  I asked a very good eye
surgeon about this.  He explained that typical laser surgery only corrects
the central portion of the cornea.  He said that when your pupil dilates at
night you use the outer rim area, and this remains uncorrected, hence the
ring effect.  He said he could cut the cornea, lift it up, do a correction
to the edge, and stitch it back.  I said no thanks.

Replies: Reply from Jesse Hellman <hellman@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Beware laser surgery & Night (long) Vision)