Subject: [Leica] Re: Ilford XP2S 400 at ISO 800
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 04:58:55 -0800 (PST)

Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> wrote:

> I would bring it to a pro lab that will push C41 a stop.  My
> experience with XP2 is that it is just like color neg film, cause it
> is.  A full stop underexposure is VERY NOT GOOD.

Also depends on the contrast.  I've accidentally underexposed color
negs by 2 stops in a very low contrast situation (extremely cloudy
day...hardly any shadows), and I got acceptable prints.  I wasn't
thrilled with the shadow areas, but nobody else ever noticed.  They
thought the colors were spectacular.  I thought they were more muted
than they should have been.  That's why I was shooting on a cloudy
day, to really take advantage of the lack of shadows.  :)