Subject: RE: [Leica] Beware laser surgery & Night Vision
From: "Lee, Ken" <ken.lee@hbc.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 10:37:45 -0500

I think it depends on which procedure, and which machine along with the size
of your cornea.  I had the Lasik procedure which involves cutting through
the cornea, pealing it back, reshaping the cornea with the Laser and
repositioning the flap of cornea. The surgeon knows the coverage of his
laser and measures your cornea before hand. They can then tell you in
advance the probability of that form of night vision problem. The older
procedure (PRK) had a higher occurrence of the halo effect.
I enjoy my Leica (on topic) much more since the surgery.

Ken