Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 versus M6
From: Michiel Fokkema <michiel.fokkema@wanadoo.nl>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 20:16:45 +0100

S Dimitrov wrote:

> Given the price avalanche of older gear, what would be the differences
> that would make me decide on one over the other for long lens use?
>
> Slobodan Dimitrov

M6: built in meter. Very convenient
M3: (almost) 1:1 VF. Very convenient with longer lenses. Very
unconvenient with shorter lenses
If you don't care for a built in meter the M3 is superior over the M6
for longer lenses. But imho any R is far more superior over a M3 with
longer lenses. I think the a R is the best visoflex ever built:-)
I use a M6 for short lenses up to the 50. From 90 and longer I use a R3

Best regards,

			Michiel Fokkema
- --

Ooit een Tjotter Gezien?   http://www.tjotters.nl   Ever seen a Tjotter?