Subject: Re: [Leica] White Pelican photo
From: Doug Herr <merlin@flyingemu.com>
Date: 22 Dec 2000 04:25:08 -0800

On Thu, 21 December 2000, Ted wrote:

> Doug Herr wrote:
>
> > A few weeks ago I mentioned a morning in the field photographing American White Pelicans.  The first scan on my website is:
> >
> > http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/telyt/AWPE-1.JPG
> >
> > More to follow in the next few days.  Comments are welcome.
>
> Hi Doug,
>
> Great! Boy I sure look forward to the others.  Good on you! Was this a 400 or 560?
>
> doesn't matter as it's a very nice image, just the kind I wish I had a shot at.
>
> ted

Hi Ted,

I used the 560.  You're right that didn't matter much.  The pelicans were often close enough to use a 180.  I started the session with the 560 on a tripod but soon realized that with white birds in sunlight the shutter speeds were plenty fast for hand-held photos, even with K64, so I ditched the tripod in favor of the shoulder stock.  Aside from the flight photos (one to be posted) I can't tell where I switched supports.  Thanks for your comments.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!