Subject: RE: [Leica] Noct calibration?
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 05:05:13 -0800

A close examinatiion of my 75 'Lux shows....
the lens mount screws were "messed with"
there appears to be a spacer between the lensmount and the lens body

Evidence like this makes me suspect they shimmed the mount for tolerance.
This is consistent with my presenting complaint as I was having problem with
focal plane behind the focused plane.  Shimming the lens out would correct
this problem.

I can not guess that they added or subtracted anything to the cam.  I can
see no such signs.

Were these there before I sent the lens in for repair?  I don;t know because
I did not examine the lens before sending it in for repair....

Let me repeat that I was not happy with the performance of this lens with
another (actually 2 different ) M6 bodies.  I am now happy.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

So the cam had metal added, or was shaved?