Subject: Re: [Leica] Friday FS- LTMs for sale- 'M' and 'R' folks need not apply!
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 10:08:50 -0500

LOVE FOR SALE!

Due to an impending crisis, I need to sell two of my LTMs

One- This is a IIIc that was painted black and CLA'd by Youxin Ye- he did a
superb job for me as I told him this was for my personal use, and he picked
out a good solid one for me- I have had no complaints with it. The VF and RF
are bright,clear and dead on. The shutter speeds are good- at least my
negatives look great! Because I did use it, there is a slight bit of
'brassing' on top, but it is a lean, clean, mean picture taking machine.
Serial nr. 483192  I am asking exactly what I paid for it- $400  (It
includes a IIIf take up spool which is much easier to get out with its
spring loaded top than the older take-up spool!)
I can send photos to interested parties- This camera looked great with a
black Jupiter 12!! Almost SEXY!

Two- This is an exceptionally nice IIIb- I always wanted a 'Freedom Camera',
and it took a while to get it, now, refretfully I have to consider selling
it. It was CLA'd, and the Vulcanite is intact and solid- slight shrinkage
noticable under the lens mount- if you look closely, and the strap lugs show
some brassing. Brightmarks on the top from use of the accessory shoe, but no
dings, dents or pitting. Dates from 1938 with the 1/4" tripod mount- so this
is one of the export models or 'samples' that Leitz sent out with their
Jewish workers! and the bottom says "OPEN", "CLOSE" and "Germany" instead of
"Auf" und "Zu" like most. A few bright marks on the bottom. All in all this
would make either a good user- since everything works and is on the money,
or a wonderful item for a- and I shudder to say it- 'collection'... which
was what I was keeping it for!!! Serial nr. 321743
Again- I can send photos to interested parties

Three-  A 5cm/3,5 Elmar- This is not a 'mint' item, but shows minimal signs
of wear- infact, it shows very little! The serial number is 998859- This is
in the range where some Elmars were made with the Red Dial lens cells, even
though they had the Black Dial bezel- and the Red Dials were after serial
nr. 1 000 000 (So I have gathered by my research) It seems to have an amber
coating like that of my Summarit with a number in the range of 1 057 000- so
there is a good chance it actually has the Red Dial lens cell- though
someone with a bit more experience might have to determine. Pristine glass,
both front and rear brushed chrome caps I think are original, and if this
one has not been CLA'd then it has been kept under ideal conditions! No
haze, fog or 'schmutz' to be seen.
I am asking $275 for it, and if you want a very very nice VALOO hood, that
can be had for another $100. Again, photos to interested parties.

Please email me privately with enquiries! Since these are like my 'children'
I may ask for references!! :o)

Thanks!
Dan (Weeping!, Weeping!) Post

dpost@triad.rr.com