Subject: Re: [Leica] .....welcome home...
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <Joseph@yao.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 00:36:10 +0800

Hello TM,

Another coincidence!  I have also picked up my Minilux earlier today, which
as you recall, suffered the same E02 problem.  At least in my case Leica did
a good job and I hope I won't have to send it back.

The technician found a lot of sand in it.  For the past twelve months it had
been to the Silk Road, Nepal, Bhutan, Cuba and Laos, I guess this is not
unexpected.

I never used a UV filter on the Summarit 40/2.4 lens and its front element
is still pristine!  ;-)

Bests,

Joseph