Subject: [Leica] Re: Voigtlander 15 vs. 25?
From: "David Kieltyka" <daverk@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 21:45:35 -0500

Tristan Tom <tt@tristan.net> wrote:

> I want to get a wide angle Voigtlander lens and can't
> decide between the 15 and the 25. I have already Leica
> 35 Summicron and 50 Summicron (I've been shooting
> mostly with the 35). Help me decide?!

I've had the 15 for nine months and love it. Like Ted says (way to go, Ted!)
the DOF is enormous even at full aperture. This leads me to choose subject
matter and frame shots in quite a different way from my normal approach,
where I'm always thinking about DOF and the potential for creamy bokeh. :-)
I might've considered the 25 (or the Leica 24) if I hadn't already had a 21,
but IMO rangefinder coupling is useful in the 21–25 range (and the Voigt
lacks this) whereas with the 15 if you have any distance-estimating
capability whatsoever you'll be okay.

- -Dave-

Replies: Reply from "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com> ([Leica] Have a great holiday, everyone!)