Subject: [Leica] lens sample variations
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 08:44:02 -0500

I remember Dick Hemingway once posting that he had owned four 35/1.4 asph's
over the years, and that two of them were great and the other two were
mediocre at best.  That 50% success rate has me wondering if others have
noticed sample variation in Leica glass.

For those like me who will never own more than one sample of any lens, it's
an unsettling thought to consider that you may have one of the sub-par
variations.  On the one hand, if you don't notice it, who cares; on the
other, why pay all this money for the very best optics if you end up
receiving the equivalent of a much lower priced lens?

Dan (more curious than worried)

Replies: Reply from "Dave Richards" <dprichards@qwest.net> (Re: [Leica] lens sample variations)
Reply from "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@attglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] lens sample variations)
Reply from "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@attglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] lens sample variations)