Subject: RE: [Leica] lens sample variations
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 14:02:04 -0500

Dick,

Did you give up your R kit, or do you mean your permanent M outfit?  I also
remember your saying that you got a much higher hit rate with the 80/1.4R
than you do with the 90 apo M.  It does seem to me that the R8 ground glass
would be a much easier way to shoot a mid-tele, but I like street-shooting
and the R is a bit cumbersome for that (still want one, though).

My latest thoughts are a two body kit--Hexar RF and my .72x M6 TTL--with
35/1.4 asph and 90/2.8 lenses (this over the apo for portability and for
sharing the same thread size for my universal polarizer).  I may be tempted
toward a 28 (elmarit of new asph) in the future, as I love that focal length
for street candids.

Dan