Subject: Re: [Leica] Why DO we spend so much money on Leica glass, anyway?
From: Doug Herr <merlin@flyingemu.com>
Date: 23 Dec 2000 16:48:38 -0800

On Sat, 23 December 2000, "Dan Honemann" wrote:

<big SNIP>
> And maybe this is why we spend so much on Leica in the end: it allows us to
> do *both*.  After all the bickering over black tape and camera bags, it's
> sure great to spend some time looking at what great images LUGgers are able
> to make with these tools.
>
> Cheers,
> Dan

Agreed, Dan.  Many of Kyle photos are quite astonishing, not only for the emotional impact but also because he's showing us situations that many of us would not consider exposing ourselves to.

Grain and blur can have an appropriate place in some of my photos, too.  And I am willing to spend the big $$ on Leica lenses because, as you wrote, "it allows us to do *both*."

Doug Herr
Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!