Subject: RE: [Leica] don't laugh...
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 20:07:32 -0500

One thing I am NOT in a position to do is laugh at anyone else's questions.

> 1. what does it mean to have a camera CLA'd?

Clean and lubricate.  Sort of like a jiffy-lube for your camera. :)

> 2. what does the word  "bokeh" mean? Origin?  It seems to have an almost
> mystical significance... amplify please for me...

Bokeh refers to the out of focus areas of the image.  Some lenses render
them smoother than others.  I'm sure others can give a much more scientific
explanation (or just search the archives for the word "bokeh" and pull up a
chair--it'll be a long evening).

Dan

Replies: Reply from Jesse Hellman <hellman@home.com> (Re: [Leica] don't laugh...)