Subject: [Leica] Re: DC meeting. Was Bokeh controversy
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 11:46:37 -0500

Ted wrote:

>Well now maybe the Washington thing might be a good idea say in early
June
>when the weather is nice and new foliage on the trees,

Better make that very early June, or better yet April or May. Late June
starts becoming a lot like July, which here in DC isn't what most people
would call nice weather :) especially if you want to walk around with a
camera.

Seriously, as long as it's before August (the beginning of my law
classes) I'd love a DC meeting. Especially if non-DC area luggers like
Ted can come. One suggestion for photography might be so go to some of
the neighborhoods as well as, or better yet instead of, the monuments.
It's very hard to take anything interesting down at the Mall but DC has
some very interesting private architecture and urban landscapes which
tourists rarely investigate. I'd suggest going up to Adams Morgan (great
place to eat, too), Shaw, and maybe over to the Cathederal.

Simon Stevens